AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rca dtc-100 keeps shutting down right after obtaining a signal. I checked the signal strenght and it looked good. I'm at a loss, is there some way to initalize the unit and give it a fesh restart ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is the cooling fan running? If not, that would cause shutdown. If you have DirecTV, try disconnecting the coax to the LNB. A shorted coax or LNB can shut down a receiver. And try unplugging the a/c for a few minutes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hmmm, I guess I'll make my plug again. I have a DTC-100 and I enjoyed the symptoms you are describing. After waiting three weeks for Thomson to make good on their warranty (and let me pay $129 for the privilege), I gave up and sent my unit to Professional Satelllite Repair ( www.psr1.com ). They fixed my power supply, did it in one day, and charged me $55. Check them out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
to reset the unit, look thru the vent on the top and you will see a button to press on the motherboard. mine is racked up at the moment, so i cant be more specific, but it is a silver box w/black button in the middle.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant seem to find the re-set button. Anyone have a more specific location I can check ? It that doesn't work, I'm gonna send it out to that satalite repair place mentioned by mythical_phenix. Sounds much less painless than sending out to RCA and waiting months to get it back.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i know, that was a crummy answer! just take the lid off and it is on the motherboard, not the power supply board, and if i remember correctly, its by a red led lamp (but dont quote me). you have to press it with the unit plugged in, so be careful! it has 4 legs on a low profile silver square, with a black button in the center.

if i go to anyones house who just has it on a shelf, i will look inside with a flashlight, promise.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.