AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first attempt at sub cabinets. Starting out with 2 dual JBL Devastator cabinets since I'm not wealthy enough to buy the 'good' drivers.
This may be a slow build as time permits but thought I'd post it anyway instead of waiting til I'm done.
I started cutting the panels in my messy shop and hope to find time to finish cutting panels today or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I glued up the first 2 panels and will be dry fitting the others sometime today.
I still have to deal with the speaker holes and make the recesses on the front port rails
Other projects have been slowing me down plus I'm waiting on some hardware to arrive.
So far the dry fitting I have done are on size and square.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good start there, thought its more work I think the dados will really help on this type of build .

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Getting the rails perfectly straight is a challenge (at least for me) so those dados will do very nicely! Looking good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dados were fairly easy. Just set the fence on the router table, adjust the height, run the panel through then spin the panel around to get the other one.
I did all the panels at the same time so I know they are all the same.
The cut is only 1/8'' since that is really all that is needed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is that a SawStop I spy in the background? Consider me jealous

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't had much time to work in the shop today, but I got the speaker holes done.
I will get the port runner boards done later tonight along with drilling the speaker mount holes.

Is that a SawStop I spy in the background? Consider me jealous
Yup, it's a SawStop. It replaced my Jet table saw that has served me well over the years.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Reactions: eriksells916

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Progress has slowed down due to other people wanting things done, but I did move forward a little.
I will be away for a few days (drinking at a friends place) so this will be at a standstill for now.
ETA: I ran the 2x4s through the jointer so they are flat and square.
I'm just test fitting and most likely will make a dado channel for the seal to sit in so the hatch doesn't stick out much.

is that the finger friendly saw? @MaxxCatt @shellshox345
Yes, but I mainly bought it because I wanted something bigger, better than the Jet I was using.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Progress has slowed down due to other people wanting things done, but I did move forward a little.
I will be away for a few days (drinking at a friends place) so this will be at a standstill for now.
ETA: I ran the 2x4s through the jointer so they are flat and square.
I'm just test fitting and most likely will make a dado channel for the seal to sit in so the hatch doesn't stick out much.
View attachment 3070208
View attachment 3070209

Yes, but I mainly bought it because I wanted something bigger, better than the Jet I was using.
Nice progress, makes me feel build more.

·
Registered
Yamaha RXa2060 - HTM12 / Pa460 3way LCR - Volt10s atmos - HT8s rears - (4) Dual JBL Devs - (2) F20s
609 Posts
Well, if we are counting drivers... I surrender.

Damn impressive. Those line drivers have always intrigued me, but I always hear people say they would never build them again. Do you have a build post on them? And are the Devs going into a four corner setup?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, if we are counting drivers... I surrender.

Damn impressive. Those line drivers have always intrigued me, but I always hear people say they would never build them again. Do you have a build post on them? And are the Devs going into a four corner setup?
Yes moved all of them to the room and took a group pic just for the showoff. DEVs will be four corners and planning to use MSO for optimizing them.

I even feel not to build them again probably due to the amount of work to complete them.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
@MaxxCatt you beat me too it, ha ha! I had a smart ass comment about the screen too since I have experience with that. I hung my new TCL tv before finishing my center channel last year, so it ended up covering the bottom 2 inches of the tv which is where the the IR input is located. :mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts