AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little dissapointed in the performace of my new HTPC (built it myself). I am running DVI out of a Radeon 9500 pro, Cat 3.2 drivers, on a NVidia Nforce board (Asus), Win XP pro, 512k Pc2100, Athalon XP 2200+.

My dvd player is a Sony NS700p, which I run component into my HS10. I let the HS10 do the de-interlacing with film mode rather than the progressive out of the player.

After I set up the HTPC with DVI out, computer mode on digital input of HS10. and Powerstrip outputing the Mode 51 timings (which the HS10 accepts), I fired up a couple of DVD's and did some comparisons. At first glance I was really excited. The colors seemed more vibrant on the HTPC, and the image seemed quit a bit "deeper". However, it became quickly apparent that something was wrong. In pan scenes I was getting very slight but frequent stuttering. There were also jaggies on some material, and an overall sense of "digitized" image. I don't get that from my DVD player.

If there is one thing I can't stand it is stuttering. What could be causing this? Is it the Nforce chipset? I seem to remember reading something about this somewhere. Is this what I can expect from HTPC to HS10? If so I'm going back to stand alone gear.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
you may want to search on reclock...i believe it has helped many with this problem.i use an intel chipset and really don't get stuttering..i have seen it,but it is so slight i never felt the need for reclock.

brickie

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Jazser;

You did not tell us what Decoder you were using. Have you tried to play a movie from your HDD? Do you see the same issues there as well?

_____

Axel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.