AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Sony CX995V 400 disc player today but my test DVD-R I burnt stutters a lot and often the image freezes and the sound stops for up to a minute or more. "Real" DVDs play fine it it, the DVD-R plays almost fine in my Pioneer DVD dirve on my PC, out of 30 minutes or more it stuttered once compared to the almost constant stuttering and freezing from the DVD player.

I'm soo glad I decided to wait to get it before burning my 150GBs of TV recordings, otherwise I would look like :eek: lol.

So, I assume this is just the actual DVD and I need to try other brands, does anyone know which work in this player? Would I have better luck with DVD+Rs?

Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sounds like you have a recording issue beyond media choice, though media might cause the errors you describe. +R/-R is a drive question. I'd make sure to stick with Taiyo Yuden (rebadged as a lot of diff brands, look for "Made in Japan) as it eliminates one variable. Prolly 2/3 of burn issues are media related. Then software and hardware can be focused on. I know I had some issues with my drive until I updated the firmware. This is a really good site for burn questions:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

·
Registered
405 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.