AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finished my quad EHQS12 build just last night and I figured I'd share it with all of you here. What I ended up with was 2 dual boxes that are (WXDXH) 16x19.5x50.5. It ended up costing just a little less than 150 for all the parts going into the subs(350 if you count the amp thats coming and feedback destroyer). I don't really know what else to say except for that it was a fun trial and they turned out sounding awesome. I feel bad saying this, but at levels not extremely loud, I think I prefer the sound slightly to my 16Ov.2s. Granted the 16Ov.2s go much much louder and lower, making the EHQS12s not at all competitive in that aspect. I did get surprised though at how good they sound.

BTW you'll see a few pictures of my 16Ov.2s in there for comparison.

Pictures

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, they are capable speakers. I had fun building mine, and still using them. I went with 2 12's, 8 cubic feet, flare port tune to 20hz. 50 watts going to each, and sound good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_sand /forum/post/15485680

Yeah, they are capable speakers. I had fun building mine, and still using them. I went with 2 12's, 8 cubic feet, flare port tune to 20hz. 50 watts going to each, and sound good.

50 watts? Wow, I'd pump some more into them if I were you! I picked up a used QSC RMX850 so I'm gonna be having about 140 per. I haven't gotten to try it out with the QSC yet but I'm sure it'll sound great. I was pushing it with my EP2500 turned down some in my trials and I was amazed.

Here is maybe the best part of this whole thing: these are going in a little college dorm room, which is gonna kick major @ss in a small room like that
They almost had enough for my big living room here at home and thats saying something

1 - 4 of 4 Posts