AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited when I got home yesterday to find a couple of boxes sitting in front of my door. It took me about 3 hours to hook up the speaker wire and to build the stands and set everything up. I popped in Max Payne and picked the office shoot out scene so I could try these bad boys out.

What I realized however was two of my speakers sounded a lot more muffled then the other 3. I was very impressed with what I heard from the ones that worked but very disappointed with the ones that were muffled and low. Upon closer inspection I realized one of the speakers was chipped from the back. The paint was coming off and it looked like it had been dropped. The other one seemed fine but had the worst sound compared to the other 4.

Now I have to wait even longer because I have to send them out and wait for them to return?
. Do I have to pay for the shipping and the handling or will they cover it? I know it comes with a 5 year warranty. After taking a whole day off to dedicate my time to setting everything up it was a major letdown.

Anyways a couple of questions off topic. I don't really know what Hz stands for. I got the a6 5t5 model speakers all around and was wondering what Hz I should put them at. MY Bose accoustimass used to be at 80hz. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
your questions should be directed at eD, not the board.....

and Hz means hertz, the standard measurement for oscillating sound - it used to be "cycles" in the moldy old days, 80 cycles per second = 80 hertz per second. The standand spread for human hearing is 20 Hz per second to 20,000 Hz per second, so 80 Hz is a fairly low frequency sound.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts

Quote:
Do I have to pay for the shipping and the handling or will they cover it? I know it comes with a 5 year warranty. After taking a whole day off to dedicate my time to setting everything up it was a major letdown.

I bet if you CALL THEM, they'll make things right. The may even send you two more speakers while you're returning the bad ones.

Asking us if you have to pay surely wont do you any good. Call the vendor!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sorry about your speakers. Shipping and handling damage happens to speakers all the time. Contact eD and I am sure they will take care of you. Enjoy the 3 that work in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/17034072

and Hz means hertz, the standard measurement for oscillating sound - it used to be "cycles" in the moldy old days, 80 cycles per second = 80 hertz per second. The standand spread for human hearing is 20 Hz per second to 20,000 Hz per second, so 80 Hz is a fairly low frequency sound.

"hertz per second" is redundant. "hertz" means "cycles per second", so you don't need the "per second" part. "hertz" is sufficient.

-Max

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have dealt with eD on many occassions and have always been pleased with their customer service and their products. Their car amps are 85% of what JL gives you at a much steeper price discount, plus they stand behind their products. I think initially they had some customer service issues, but that was worked out years ago. The only reason I upgraded from eD was because they started carrying DLS gear.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Do you have a sub?

Without a sub, this setting should not be in effect at all.

Where is the Hz setting you are adjusting? (e.g. "in the config of my Drenkyo PTP-742 receiver" or "on the back of my SV123 Research Soopa-12 sub")

-Max

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a bummer. I was supposed to get a pair of 6TC's today but fedex put the speakers on the wrong truck. And you didn't have to sign for your speakers? My order says direct signature required so I assumed eD requested this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts