AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why I do not like the Sony Style store.

I preordered the STR-DG920 on May 5. The Sony site said May 28 was the ETA for shipment. Then I got an email on May 26 or 27 saying the receiver was going to ship on June 7 or so. No big deal.

Then June 7 comes around and no email for shipment or delay. Then a week goes by and no word. I check the Sony site and it says the receiver will ship on July 7 (ETA). Ok, so no big deal that I didn't get an email telling me that. Life will go on.

Then July 7 rolls around and my online information on Sony Style has not changed from the day I preordered it. So I call. Sony says they expect the receiver any day.

No email on July 8th but I see on the Sony site that they have the receiver in stock. So I call. Sony says "I should receive an email about ETA. No email on the July 8 with this information.

I call on July 9th and Sony says we will need to send your order to logistics for further analyis which is going to take 24 to 48 hours before I receive any more information.

I call on July 10th and same response as the day before.

I call on July 11th, Sony says the preorders were shipped to the wrong warehouse and I should check back on Friday July 12.

I call on July 12th, same response as the day before but they want me to check back on Monday July 14.

The weekend goes by and no email.

I call on Monday July 14 (and keep in mind the Sony site says they have the receiver in stock all the way back to July 8) Sony says my items has shipped and I should receive an email with in 24 hours with tracking number.

I call on Tuesday July 15 and Sony says I should receive an email today with tracking number. I get an email at 10:30 that night saying my receiver will ship on 8/20/08. Lets just say I did not sleep very well that night.

I check the Sony's site and they still have the receiver in stock.

I call Sony on Wed July 16 and tell them about the email and what does Sony say? We will have to send an email to the warehouse which will take another 24 to 48 hours for a response.

I cancelled my order that minute.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Looks like it does not even decode HBR audio? It's possible you can do better than that for $600?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I once ordered a futon. Took them months to make it, or so they said. I guess I ordered a custom futon mattress.

I waited for what seemed like forever. Then, within months, it started coming apart. I think the store was gone by that time. One of life's little adventures, I guess

I still have that darn thing, and there are holes in it where the "buttons" came out. But it's otherwise held together. I want to buy a new one, but I am paranoid of dealing with futon matresses after two annoying experiences.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/14312349

I once ordered a futon. Took them months to make it, or so they said. I guess I ordered a custom futon mattress.

I waited for what seemed like forever. Then, within months, it started coming apart. I think the store was gone by that time. One of life's little adventures, I guess

I still have that darn thing, and there are holes in it where the "buttons" came out. But it's otherwise held together. I want to buy a new one, but I am paranoid of dealing with futon matresses after two annoying experiences.

Isn't back ordering a futon kind of like having Gordon Ramsay make you a grilled cheese?

Crummy Sony Style experience, I have only used them twice but no hitches for me.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Concerning your Sony Style experience, let's just say thing happen for a reason or he works in mysterious ways. IMO you are very fortunate, use this opportunity to get something else.

The Pioneer 1018, HK 255 and maybe 355 are in that price range, as is Onkyo 705 and possibly 805.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 /forum/post/14312641

Concerning your Sony Style experience, let's just say thing happen for a reason or he works in mysterious ways. IMO you are very fortunate, use this opportunity to get something else.

The Pioneer 1018, HK 255 and maybe 355 are in that price range, as is Onkyo 705 and possibly 805.

I thought the very same thing. Maybe it happened for a reason. I like what the Sony has to offer on the 4 HDMI and upconverting for the price. I really appreciate all the help on something better.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
HBR= High Bit Rate. In other words TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital+ and or DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts