AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Whoa! Who is releasing it? Would be amazing if MY FAIR LADY got the IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD treatment -- that disc looks amazing!

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanimator /forum/post/20821301

Whoa! Who is releasing it? Would be amazing if MY FAIR LADY got the IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD treatment -- that disc looks amazing!

I was assuming it would be Warner, but the preorder page says Paramount. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Walmart exclusive?

·
Registered
97 Posts
From what I've read Paramount now holds the rights and that's why WB hasn't released MFL. Question is whether the 70mm ratio of 2:20 will be utilized vs 2:35 that was on the dvd

·
Registered
702 Posts
Starring: Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Gladys Cooper, Mona Washburn, Jeremy Brett

Studio Name: Paramount Home Entertainment

Blu-ray Release Date: 11/15/2011

Rating: G

Format: Blu-ray

Screen Format: Widescreen

Run Time (in minutes): 170 minutes

Language: English

Audio Tracks: AC, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1

Shipping Weight (in pounds): 0.2

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 5.5 x 0.5 x 7.44

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanimator /forum/post/20821632

Paramount did a terrific job with AFRICAN QUEEN, so my hopes are high.

Would be lousy if they released a lossy soundtrack for this lovely musical.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No indications of MFL in my area, no HMV, FS, Walmart or BB listings. I asked at the local HMV if there was a date and it was not even listed in the database.

Thanks to your (WebEffect) post, I saw it listed on Amazon and ordered, should be shipping any minute now. I thought I saw it listed on Amazon last week but with a shipping in 6 -8 weeks notice..I do not know what changed unless they are "US copies" and "CAN copies" are indeed coming later....

P.E.Hannon

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I hadn't seen this one in years, and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looks. Watching older/classic films like this on Blu-ray can be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Given I had read in other reviews this was an old transfer I was a little concerned about this first Blu-ray release. I was more than pleased. Not all scenes are the same, especially with soft filters being used in some scenes, but scenes with lots of contrast like Higgins study is as good as it gets. Sound was excellent also. Recommended. Also Audrey Hepburn looks incredible for you younger folks you may not aware of what a true star really is.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216 /forum/post/21265040

Given I had read in other reviews this was an old transfer I was a little concerned about this first Blu-ray release. I was more than pleased. Not all scenes are the same, especially with soft filters being used in some scenes, but scenes with lots of contrast like Higgins study is as good as it gets. Sound was excellent also. Recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezfan69 /forum/post/21265757

I sent mine back to Amazon so they can throw it in the dumpster where it belongs. What a horrific joke this disc is.

Any objective reviews out there?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts