AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been listening to podcasts almost every day (at work mostly, makes those 12 hour shifts fly by!) for over 5 years now, and I've came across many that I liked and even more than were just meh. These are my favorite as of right now.

Music...

Melodic Sessions[/URL]  (Progressive/House)

Music[/URL]  (Progressive/House)

& Beyond - Group Therapy Radio[/URL] (Trance)

Shultz - Global DJ Broadcast[/URL] (Trance/Club)

- The Hot List[/URL] (Trance/Dance)

Quantum[/URL] (Dubstep)

- Dub[/URL] (Dubstep)

Talk/Tech...

Gamer[/URL]

PC[/URL]

Week in Computer Hardware[/URL]

Perspective[/URL]

Week in Tech[/URL]

Let me know what you think, and feel free to suggest more. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Some of my favorites, in no order is preference are:

1. The Vergecast (tech, culture, all around hipster trash talk, etc.)

2. Wait Wait Don't Tell Me... An NPR News Quiz (Talk, comedy, quiz, gameshow)

3. Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson (science, space, physics, etc.)

4. NPR Car Talk Podcast (all round goofball car mechanic talk show)

5. Autoblog Podcast (automotive news and reviews)

6. This Week in Windows Windows Weekly (All about Microsoft products of all flavors)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been listening to TBTL (Too Beautiful To Live) for a couple years, hosted by Luke Burbank (he performs on Wait, Wait regularly), a very entertaining (laugh out loud) 30 minutes to an hour with no set agenda, with partner Andrew Walsh and multiple regulars dropping in. I found it fun from the first podcast I listened to, but it got better as I learned the various personalities and their histories.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
1. The Flop House

My favorite by far, two of the hosts are Daily Show writers and they skewer bad movies. Very funny.

2. Filmspotting SVU

Reviews films available on Netflix, the two hosts have great chemistry and do a great job discussing films.

3. Thrilling Adventure Hour

Fun show done in the style of old time radio dramas. Full of famous guest stars.

4. Here's the Thing

Alec Baldwin is probably certifiable, and I think after his latest meltdown this podcast is over (just reruns lately) but boy, is he a great interviewer.

Podcasts I've grown tired of include regular Filmspotting and the /Filmcast, both of which I've wearied of the incessant nitpicking, as well as overpraising of every little independent film.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts