AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who helped me with building my Elite CineTension2 Screen and VPL-VW60 Projector mount/install.

As always, welcome to hear your comments & suggestions!!

Before Cornices around CineTension2 Screen:

After Cornices:

Closeup Cornices:

Elite CineTension2 Screen, should cover TV when fully dropped:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looks much better.

Only issue I see is that your center channel and front L & R are now covered/muffled by the screen. You could easily drop the center channel down to the base of the TV and regain the dialog, at least...

As info: "surround" speakers have a better effect when they are positioned away from the front soundstage. Speaker cable is cheap, those speakers are small (so no "excuses" about "nowhere to place them".

You're getting there, but a little more work and you should have it.

Why no pictures of the projector in action?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spankenstein
Looks much better.

Only issue I see is that your center channel and front L & R are now covered/muffled by the screen. You could easily drop the center channel down to the base of the TV and regain the dialog, at least...

As info: "surround" speakers have a better effect when they are positioned away from the front soundstage. Speaker cable is cheap, those speakers are small (so no "excuses" about "nowhere to place them".

You're getting there, but a little more work and you should have it.

I was about to post and say "nah, its an acoustically transparent screen" - thought I'd seen it before in a Seymour A/V context - but you're right, and glad I didn't post that sage observation. Good advice, seconded (thirded?).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spankenstein

Thank you!! The center channel speakers didn't fit down to the base of the TV, wish it does. I have moved the front L/R outside the speakers.

I'll add projector in action soon. Thanks everyone!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts