AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that construction has begun I figured I would start a new thread to document the progress to completion.

My original thread was here. I've tossed and turned on what to do and ended up sticking with mostly my original plans. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...7-theaterish-ent-space-plans-my-basement.html

Overall plans. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, Foyer, Theater/rec space with couch/recliner seating for 4. 3-4 bar stools behind sofa wall, and lastly a Dry Bar with under counter refrigerator.

Total finished Sqft about 700. leaving about 300 unfinished for storage.

Theater space overall 18Dx16WX8H (max dimensions)

Theater Setup:
120-135" fixed screen (taped screen is 135" for reference.
Epson 5025UB Projector
Klipsch Synergy F-30 fronts
Klipsch Synergy C-20 center
Klipsch Synergy S-10 Rears
Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer X3
Receiver - TBD

First pics of the empty space. This is looking toward theater/entrance.

fresh2 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Up the stairs. Stair wall will be demo'd slightly opening up the space a litte.

fresh3 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Standing in what will be the bathroom looking toward foyer, and bedroom.

fresh 1 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Looking towards the back of the theater, bedroom in back corner.

fresh 4 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking towards Theater from Foyer (stair wall demod)

looking at the theater entrance from foyer by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Standing behind the bar wall. couch will back up to this wall. Finished wall will be 14'4" from screen wall.

knee wall by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Looking back from the screen wall. To the right is the dry bar area.

looking back at theater entrance by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Looking into the foyer area from theater, Bathroom in back corner.

Foyer Landing by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Screen wall. if you look carefully you can see the tape off of a 135" screen is nearly centered on the wall between the soffits..

screen Wall by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

·
Registered
713 Posts
Looks like its gonna be cool.

Couple questions. Whats with the white ballooning plastic on the perimeter walls? And since when are they scoring the concrete on the ground. Looks like what they do for concrete driveways around here... (Genuinely curious!?!)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
House was built in 2005. So maybe some updated code requirements but the plastic baloon stuff is insulation. It came installed when the house was built. Not sure what R value it is. The concrete floor is not structural and the cracks are there for movement same as your sidewalk and driveways. I will be filling them in before the floorings goes in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
awesome...

This looks like it is going to be VERY cool. I am in the middle of my build as well. Thread is "Darroch Theater" right under yours. I am on the 3rd floor, but would have preferred the basement set up. I am excited to watch the progress of your build.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I was checking your build out and it looks way more extensive than mine but it looks like it should be pretty impressive. I wish I had that much space to use.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Progress has been made...Rough electrical, rough plumbing, LV

AV closet, Dedicated 20amp for av rack, and separate dedicated 20amp for 3 subs.

3.26.4 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Projector Mount location

3.26.3 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

screen wall.

3.26.2 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Entrance

3.26.1 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

insulation and drywall next week. :D

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update. Framing, LV, lighting, electrical, insulation are all in. Drywall starts to get hung tomorrow. I will post up some new pictures likely tomorrow after some of the drywall is up. I'm loving how everything is coming together.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Looks like this is going to be VERY nice! Looking great so far! I saw another build not that long ago with the bottom plates floating like that. I've never had to frame that way and seems like it would be tricky. Well done and looking forward to seeing more.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Another somewhat boring update. Next week should get better as trim and most of the finish stuff starts going in and hopefully paint!

I've pretty much completed the theater component buildout so that is somewhat of a relief. The theater seating is still up in the air however :(

here is the updated list.

120" fixed screen silver ticket screen (taped screen is 135" for reference.
Epson 5025UB Projector
Klipsch Synergy F-30 fronts
Klipsch Synergy C-20 center
Klipsch Synergy S-10 Rears
Klipsch SW-450 Subwoofer - x3
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V675
Blu-Ray - Sony BDP-S6200

Screen wall

mudding by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Looking towards theater area.

mudding 3 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

Looking out of the theater.

mudding2 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just realized I never posted pictures of the insulation. All walls and ceilings have been insulated. interior and exterior walls, even bedroom, and bathroom are insulated. Figured it was the least I could do given my limited budget. ;)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the wait is on...We just ordered the Palliser Stereo seating. 4 seats. Power armless loveseat and a power recliner on each end. I can't wait for them to get here and I really hope we don't have to wait longer than normal;)

I had no idea I was going to spend this much on seating but I think we will love them...:eek: easily the most expensive piece of furniture I've purchased to date....

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Construction has ended and now the fun begins. I've just casually got things set up and placed, Once the PJ goes up tomorrow I will spend the weekend moving stuff around and dialing it in but right out of the box it's sounding great. Still need to wait for our seating though :mad:

speakers by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

speakers 2 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

speakers 3 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

speakers 4 by ChadS99SVT, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great. Did you do ceiling, heights, and rear surround speakers?
Thanks. I'm not sure I understand your question on ceiling height? If you're asking what it is it's just under 8ft on the high section. I do have rear surrounds but they are not mounted yet. Tomorrow.

I only wored for 5.3. This is my first so I will do the full atoms or equiv setup at my next house/theater. :smile:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I was asking about ceiling speakers and speakers at the main listening position. I haven't heard the wiring of 5.3 before. Does that mean fronts, centers, rear surrounds and three subwoofers?

Thanks. I'm not sure I understand your question on ceiling height? If you're asking what it is it's just under 8ft on the high section. I do have rear surrounds but they are not mounted yet. Tomorrow.

I only wored for 5.3. This is my first so I will do the full atoms or equiv setup at my next house/theater. :smile:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts