AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have built my first screen. Much of the info to make this happen I gleaned from these pages. I started with a frame made from 1X4 and 1/4" masonite triangle bracing. Then I covered that with theater grade muslin. I preped that with white glue and water. Then I painted that with Glidden Pure Brilliant White latex paint. For the finally it was sprayed with a translucent pearlecent paint for some gain. I am pleased and friends are in awe. I should tell you that this was an upgrade from a 8X6 DaLite screen. I am now sporting a 12X9 screen. Superbowl should be interesting. I am including a shot of the final screen. It is fuzzy, I could only get a 320X240 image.

Thanks to all of you!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brand is:

Modern Masters, Inc.

7430 Greenbush Ave.

North Hollywood, Ca. 91605

1-800-942-3166

The # I used is:

ME196

Pearl

White

(Transparent)

You can probably get it at a home depot or the like. I used one 6Oz. bottle thinned down 1 to 1 and sprayed with a HVLP gun for a nice even coat. I ended up with enough gain that I needed to turn the light output down and that was on a 9X12 screen with a Sony VPH-1030Q1 projector. It appears like a white screen unless you look at it under the right light. It took a some practice to get a even coat, so be prepared to repaint your screen a time or two. My screen cost less than $100 bucks. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.