AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear participants of this forum,

I am new in the audio game so I apologize in advance for all my rookie mistakes. I felt like taking apart my stereo because I rarely use it although it produces some nice sound. I wanted to try and implement its speakers in a portable bluetooth speaker (I'm not much of an audiophile but I do appreciate some quality). Before I start working on the enclosure I would like to know what components I need to fit in.

The speakers came from a (about ten years old) Sony MHC-RG270 and I would like to connect them to an amp. The amp I am leaning towards is called the Lepai LP-2020A+. This little machine seems to get a lot of credit on the interwebs and it is compact enough to fit basically anywhere. I am worried though it might not fit my needs because the stereo I took apart had an output of 2 x 100 Watt and this has about ten times less. I wouldn't mind if it just limits the volume as long as I am still able to use it outside but would it also effect audio quality or worse?
I believe my speakers run on 6 ohm which should be compatible with the amp I think?

Furthermore I am curious what kind of power source I should connect to it. Is anyone here with experience in building portable speakers very fond of a particular battery or accu. I am sort of hoping to get at least 6 hours of playtime out of it on a descent volume.

For my final question I would like to know if it is recommended to connect a crossover between the speakers and the amp to devide the high and the low frequencies. And if so which one?

I hope I clarified my questions and I am grateful for all the help I can get. If I need to give more specs or information about the project for someone to help me just let me know and I'll try to find the info.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts