AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 20x15 feet room and just got my first couple of speakers at a great price( 2x Polk audio 65T, Polk monitor 15C, and a denon 1913) all I need is a bass and this will be mostly for Movies. I was Thinking about the Bic F12 but saw the Klipsch rw-12d on sale for under $300. Which should I go for or is there another under $300 sub I should look at with my set up.

Also I cant put my sub in a corner, its against a flat wall beside my tv, will that cause a problem?

Lastly, and my biggest Problem yet, I live in a apartment building (carpet flooring) with someone below me. They seriously dont seem to mind me currently blasting my soundbar/ 8" bass, but once a 12" inch sub is involved I'll bet their notice. Is there any recommendations to not have my whole building shake? Any tricks to have my clean low bass tones without blasting/shaking the walls?

I know this sounds contradictory
to get large speakers/bass in my current apartment, but I'm moving in a few months to a house.

My first HT set sorry for the noob questions.

Thx:)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
The Klipsch RW12D is the most often recommend budget HT sub here in the forums. So it would be a good option for primarily HT listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synplex  /t/1470901/my-first-home-theater-set-up-questions#post_23267553

... I cant put my sub in a corner, its against a flat wall beside my tv, will that cause a problem? ...
Low freq. are not directional so it will probably be ok. If you do get a little reflected sound off the corner putting some foam on one or both the walls behind/next-to the sub would fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synplex  /t/1470901/my-first-home-theater-set-up-questions#post_23267553

... I live in a apartment building (carpet flooring) with someone below me. ... Is there any recommendations to not have my whole building shake? Any tricks to have my clean low bass tones without blasting/shaking the walls? ...
The foam suggestion above would help with this.

The best solution is to get a better sub
Higher quality subs will be more detailed and less "boomy" or thumpy. Among other things you'll "hear" the bass effects/notes more easily at lower volumes with a better sub than with a cheaper one. (And when you move to your house later you can always crank the volume back up.)

There are many excellent subs available in the $500-$750 range from several ID manufacturers - SVS, Outlaw, Rythmic, HSU - just to name a few.

So a big +1 to reposting in the Sub-Woofer forums!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Quote:

So I have a 20x15 feet room and just got my first couple of speakers at a great price( 2x Polk audio 65T, Polk monitor 15C, and a denon 1913) all I need is a bass and this will be mostly for Movies. I was Thinking about the Bic F12 but saw the Klipsch rw-12d on sale for under $300. Which should I go for or is there another under $300 sub I should look at with my set up.

Also I cant put my sub in a corner, its against a flat wall beside my tv, will that cause a problem?

Lastly, and my biggest Problem yet, I live in a apartment building (carpet flooring) with someone below me. They seriously dont seem to mind me currently blasting my soundbar/ 8" bass, but once a 12" inch sub is involved I'll bet their notice. Is there any recommendations to not have my whole building shake? Any tricks to have my clean low bass tones without blasting/shaking the walls?

I know this sounds contradictory
to get large speakers/bass in my current apartment, but I'm moving in a few months to a house.

My first HT set sorry for the noob questions.

Thx:)

Try here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1364182/list-of-budget-subwoofers-300-and-less

·
Registered
4,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synplex  /t/1470901/my-first-home-theater-set-up-questions#post_23268051

how do I move my thread?
Just start a new thread or just do some research, There are thousands of threads with this comparison. I never did hear the Klipsch RW12D, but the BIC F12 was my second sub and I outgrew it real fast. If you do go with either, I would suggest duals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.