AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally gonna buy my first HT and wanted advise on what direction to go in. I have a Samsung PN50C550 with a PS3 (Blu-ray and Netflix) and Xbox 360 S (games) hooked up via HDMI. My budget isn't very high but would like to get something decent to start off with.

Option 1. Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II ($179 each) and CS2 Series II ($99)

Option 2. Jamo S 606 HCS 3 5.0 ($399)

$450 is really the limit I can spend and also plan to get a sub later on regardless of option 1 or 2 (most likely BIC F12???). If I go with the Polk's I'll eventually complete the 5.0 with Monitor 60 Series II. I don't need 5.0 right now if the Polk's would be the better option but if the Jamo is the same or better I can kill two birds with one stone. Any help or advice deciding between these two or even another option would be appreciated.

I'm also looking for a receiver to go with the speakers between $300-400 and was thinking about either Denon or Pioneer. Not really sure on a specific model yet, I'm still trying to figure out what features I would actually need for the speakers I'm gonna get and what would be best for the equipment that will be hooked up to it (PS3 and Xbox 360 S).

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
With the Polks you'll eventually have four towers and a much larger center. You may want to lean that way if its in your budget.

Of course you're paying about $680 for two Monitor 70's, two Monitor 60's and a CS2.

You'll get more raw output from that system vs the $399 Jamo S606. The Jamo center and sats only have 4" drivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts