AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night for the first time in a long time because we had company, I was forced to sit close to the screen. To my horror I noticed a black pixel in the middle of the image. My mind flashed back to the power outages we'd had mid-movie earlier in the week. When we paused the movie for popcorn distribution I went right up to the screen. There, perfectly squished onto a single pixel, was a dead bug. A gentle wipe with a tissue and my HT1000 returned to perfection. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
MY pet peeve is the kids on illegally tuned mopeds driving past my house at night while I watch movies. God damn they are noisy... and so slow, it takes them bloody forever to pass my house.

The HT1000 is working as it should. :)

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
You have to love that HT1000.

Another problem is other people in the house. When the B&W starts thundering some super lows you tend to dive for the lower the volume button.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tahustvedt
MY pet peeve is the kids on illegally tuned mopeds driving past my house at night while I watch movies. God damn they are noisy... and so slow, it takes them bloody forever to pass my house.

The HT1000 is working as it should. :)
It's nice to know, how small the world has become and how we share many problems.

We also have our share of noisy scooters, Ducati style racing motorcycles, cars with what seem like tuned headers sans mufflers, low end frequency sound drivers booming that can be heard blocks away. Even down at the shore when you would think all would be perfect sitting on the bay... we have mosquito jet ski swarms, buzzing all about.

Atleast we don't have any "drive by" bullets getting into the HT1000 light path.

I guess our consumer culture prosperity had to come at a price. ;-(

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by guitarman
B&W starts thundering some super lows
B&W what's that ? Bang & Wolufsen ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
bowers and wilkins

My theatre is full of them

·
Registered
275 Posts
:D

Joking .... , I've got front DM603S2, rear DM600S2, center LCR600S1 and I was sorry I bought that Yamaha 400W sub. The fronts have so much punch.

Ahh, I have also a pair of Mordaunt Short bookshelfs to close the gap from 5.1 to 7.1.

·
Registered
424 Posts
nice setup

I have the 2 pairs of dm604's for both front and rear and the lcr600 for center , i also have the yamaha 800 w sub , which i like

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I had a very faint dustblob in the very top of the picture that didn't really bother me but it just went away after 150 hours. Weird! :eek: I hope it doesn't suddenly reappear in the middle of the picture after 300 hours. :D

So now the HT1000 is 100% perfect (the way it should be)!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tahustvedt
God damn they are noisy...
I'm sure you meant to say. "Darn, they are noisy."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.