AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I just got my Pio DV -400V-K , let me explain my impression

first of all, it's a great unit, very very solid, looking very futuristic, size is not too big but not too small, kinda med but if you look at the backside it's kinda cutoff looking, very sleek but not that much but weird feeling lol

performance wise, as usual as what Pioneer stands in DVD market : mid-high performance.

I had A3 HD DVD before and I would say comparing these two, 400V did a great job up converting and catching up almost as same as the 1080i coming out from A3.

the best thing I like my new 400V is the DivX capability, which all other HD-DVD players lacks. the audio is just fantastic, my receiver can produce enough DTS but then this dvd player has surround sound , it's not as what we usually had on others , but once you switch to "on" , wow, really a great difference!!

pop in LIVE FREE DIE HARD 4.0, when that F35 hovering through freeway from north, the DVD accurately presented the 45 angle cornering perfectly!

comparing to the A3, i can only hear a 90 degree sorrund, i mean, you can really tell the difference

one downside: doesnt support optical audio, which is a issue to someone.

but to me, since this is a transitional unit I will have, probly lasts for 8 month or so, I will wait till Blueray technology and price goes down a little bit, then get a standalone Blue dvdplayer,(PS3 is nice, but worry on the DTS MA issue)

so yah, my conclusion, if you care about picture quality, or if you are a mid-high end user, get V400, i recommend it

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Pioneer V400K uses Mediatek chipset. Phillips 5982/37 uses same for cheaper if you don't care about Pioneer name, build quality, and appearance. Sony 75/77, LG 798, and Oppo 970HD also uses Mediatek. I agree that this chipset is great for upscaling for players < $200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts