AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just took delivery of my first Polks today (Blackstone TL1s)...using them as rears for 5.1 setup. Got them refurbished direct from Polk (via eBay) for cheap.

I'm adding them to my somewhat aged setup:

• Infinity 'Entra Two' - Front
  • Infinity 'Entra' - Center
  • Yamaha YST-SW215 - Sub
  • Sony STR-DE845 - Receiver

After a little bit of dialing in, I watched a few scenes from Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows PT1 on BD. Wow, blown away. Love hearing all the extra details I was missing previously (having not run a full 5.1 system for some time)! Should have purchased these a long time ago...

Very satisfied with the Polks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
So you never had rear speakers before, this is your first time? Specs say 2.5" driver, for the same price yo could have got the monitor 30s with 5.25" driver, wouldn't they have sounded better? thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatguru  /t/1523374/my-first-polks-great#post_24505326

So you never had rear speakers before, this is your first time? Specs say 2.5" driver, for the same price yo could have got the monitor 30s with 5.25" driver, wouldn't they have sounded better? thoughts?

No, I had a JBL 5.1 setup a while back, but the setup slowly failed after some time, and i just never got around to replacing...and haven't really been using my stereo/av system much, until recently...

Re: Monitor 30s...very nice. Would they have sounded better? Sure, could have...but all I know is what I have now sounds great to my ears / works for me. They are small, fit well with room/setup, sound great, etc. Don't need much more than that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts