AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

To the point, my wife asked me to pick out new HT gear from BB and decided on 2 ML Preface, 1 ML Fresco center, 1 ML Dynamo Sub, pair of Klipsh icon bookshelfs for rear, Den-AVR4308CI and a Mit-WB65835 TV. I did alot of listening in the sound room with the audio combination and this setup performed very well. My question is that, is there any thing I could have made a better decision on before this equipment is delivered? Note that BB does not need to be the supplier.

Best Regards,

Rob R

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Don't know about your room characterictics but your post mentions HT as in Home Theater and based on our personal experience you need a projector and screen to achieve a "at the movies" Theater in the Home experience that a television simply cannot deliver.

Manufacturers call audio systems "theater systems" but a better name is Surround Sound systems and surround sound is an important accessory but accessory is the operative word because Theater is primarily a visual experience.

Please don't misunderstand and no criticism intended. We started out with a large 1080p TV and it does tv well BUT we were looking for a Theater quality experience in our home and we had to step up to a projector to achieve it and WOWEEE what a difference there is between the two - they cannot be compared.

Best of Luck

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
+1 regarding the projector. If you can go that route and many projectors are actually LESS than a TV and you get a bigger image to boot.

I have not heard the speakers you are talking about but I would suggest going with all of your speakers from the same company and from the same "line" because in general is is best to keep the speakers "Timbre matched" so the sound is seamless when it transitions from speaker to speaker.

Just my .02.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you are only looking at acquiring the Audio equipment, there may be a better forum to post this on. You may have better luck with someone knowing the components you are asking about.

Mike

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Do you need the options of the 4308 over some of the lower priced gear like the 1909, 2309, or 2809? The money saved could go toward a projector and screen like mentioned above or perhaps a separate power amplifier. Any reason to not stick with some ML for the surrounds? Klipsch and ML sound VERY different to me. I would prefer to stick with like models all around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback and would love a projector system; however, I live in a townhouse atm and putting that construction into this space is not worth it (approximately 16x12 room). The basement area could be utilized for a projector system, but it is used as an office and dog room. We plan on moving in the next couple years and I am trying for best experience I can achieve for this space. A Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii would be connected to the new receiver along with a Fios DVR. I found a great deal on the AVR4803 and was little more than the step down version at BB.

Best Regards,

Rob R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts