AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the bug to upgrade to a quality surround sound setup for movies, gaming, and music. I first purchased an Onkyo TX-SR607. Once I had the receiver out of the way I was then able to focus on speakers. I searched for about two weeks on Craigslist and found a pair of Yamaha NS-555 listed. I researched and found positive reviews so I decided to make arrangements to look at them. When I showed up the speakers he actually had where the larger NS-777!. He also had the matching NS-333 bookshelves and a NS-C444 center. I got everything for $250! The cabinets have a few nicks, but I have experience with refinishing wood so I'll be able to make the blemishes unnoticeable when I'm finished. I also found a nice deal on some Yamaha NS-M225P ($65) I plan on using as my front height or surround back speakers.

Overall I'm grinning that I found this deal. Do you think I found a deal worth purchasing as a entry level setup into the AV hobby?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/18229542

sounds like you got a very nice deal. Now all you need to do is set everything up and go enjoy!

I also purchased a Pioneer BDP-320 Blu Ray player a week ago. Everything in my system is hooked up to a LG Plasma through HDMI. It sounds incredible!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Awesome deal! Are you sure he wasn't drunk when he sold them to you? I would jump on these speakers too if I had the chance, especially for that price.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I love (hate) craigslist. Most people have no idea what they actually have or what it's worth. I recently picked up a pair of prestine Infinity Beta 50's for $225 and a Pioneer Elite DV-58 dvd player for $100!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts