AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the avsforum so hi!

Basically I have a $200 budget to fill a room with sound and shake the walls of my room which is roughly 9x9 but I dont know the first thing about sound and sound systems.

I dont even know what the most essential piece would be. Can anybody help?

p.s. I would like to have some kind of ipod dock i can use, and I like a lot of bass

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome! Not so sure about shaking the walls quite yet with only 200 to spend, maybe some other savy shopper can help there. Most essential piece though would be your speakers. I would recommend you start shopping there and saving a bit more. Maybe you can find a good HTIB for that price to get you started, that may shake your walls. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Someone posted up a Cerwin Vega speaker for around $150 each. Buy one of them (PS there is nothing wrong with mono). And spend the remaining $50 on a used stereo amp at around 2x 100 watts RMS. Then when you've saved up a few extra dollars pickup a second Cerwin Vega speaker.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Damn - looks like price has gone up

·
Registered
5,118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwuarre /forum/post/16927926

Im new to the avsforum so hi!

Basically I have a $200 budget to fill a room with sound and shake the walls of my room which is roughly 9x9 but I dont know the first thing about sound and sound systems.

I dont even know what the most essential piece would be. Can anybody help?

p.s. I would like to have some kind of ipod dock i can use, and I like a lot of bass

The most essential thing you will need is more money.

You can get this for $250.00 plus shipping:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KAZED

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
The bottom line is $200.00 will not buy anything that will "fill a room with sound and shake the walls."

I would say your budget needs to be about tripled (increased to $500.00 or $600.00) to get anything better than mediocre.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts