AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a trip to Phoenix, I decided to stop by the local Fries. While I was there I saw all their HDTV, however not the TV I was looking for (Samsung 30" 16:9 HDTV). So, instead I went to the DirecTV systems to look at the decoders. They had the RCA for only $475. But the real deal was the Mitsubishi HD400 for $499.90. WOW!!!!! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif I couldn't believe it I just kept looking at the price on the shelf and it kept saying $499.90. By this time I can barely control my excitement. As I walk towards the check out I notice the price on the box, in a very inconvenient place. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif It was $999. UGH!!!! Talk about a tease. So with a heavy heart I put the Box back and continue to shop. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Has this happen to anyone? I hope not, it sucked!!

Also, does anyone have any info on the 30" samsung?

------------------

Mitsubishi WS-55805

RCA DRD515RB

Pioneer VSX-D608

Pioneer DV-C302D

[This message has been edited by ragedogg69 (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
It may have been $499. They always put list on the boxes but commonly have big loss leaders. You should have asked for a price check.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
780 Posts
Full list price on the SR-HD400 is $799, so there's no way it would have been $999. The SR-HD500 package may list for $999 since it includes the dish.

One tip about Fry's, a lot of the merchandise on the shelves are repacked returns. Open the box and make sure everything is inside before you leave.

Tony

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Chick:

One tip about Fry's, a lot of the merchandise on the shelves are repacked returns. Open the box and make sure everything is inside before you leave.

Tony
Allow me to amplify your statement:

"a lot of the merchandise on the shelves are repacked DEFECTIVE returns"

Fry's is notorious for putting defective merchandise right back on the shelf.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glimmie:
Allow me to amplify your statement:

"a lot of the merchandise on the shelves are repacked DEFECTIVE returns"

Fry's is notorious for putting defective merchandise right back on the shelf.
... and charging full price for the defective merchandise. They are just looking for someone that won't return it again.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I buy stuff at Fry's all the time but only when I want it right away and when no-one has it in stock.

I religiously keep the receipt and look to avoid open boxes. I'm convinced that a lot of their sale items are chosen for when their inventory shows an excess of open boxes.

On the other hand, I've never had a problem with a return and they carry a larger selction of items than anyone else in the area.

------------------

Ken Elliott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.