AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my 5001 for 5 months, I have my first problem. It has developed a blue line about one pixel wide that starts at the top/middle of my screen and goes down about half way.

I called Fujitsu and they gave me some numbers of some local Fujitsu repair places. I called them both and they both said they no longer service Fujitsu. So I called Fujitsu and they gave me another that is willing to do the work (Under warranty). They are even coming over to pick it up at no cost to me!!

I have not heard of anyone else having a problem with their 5001. I will try to keep everyone informed as to what happens.

Tim

·
Registered
621 Posts
So, there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is, the units might actually break.

The good news is, Fujitsu is honoring their warranty (maybe).

God, please don't let this happen to me until I'm ready for the next plasma. Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The latest is that my Plasma is going to be picked up this Monday. They only asked that I have a copy of my receipt for them when they come.

I bought my unit from a person recommended on this forum. As far as I know they do not have a web site, at least I never found one. So we will see if the warranty is honored or not.

More info to come....

Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update --

The local dealer was unwilling to try to fix my plasma once they got it apart and found out it was not going to be an easy fix. They wanted to return it to me and leave me on my own. I called Fujitsu and they then called the dealer. The short version is that they decided to send it to Fujitsu to get fixed. This requires Fujitsu to send the dealer packing material so it can be shipped by truck to Fujitsu.

My plasma arrived at Fujitsu yesterday and said they will get it on the bench today and it should be done by tomorrow.

So far it is all being done under warranty.

I will try to keep this thread updated for those interested.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.