AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the bulb after about 1000 hours and noticed the image wasn't as bright as I expected it to be.

After running about 20 hours with the new bulb, the image is now extremely dim. I tried putting the old bulb back in and it's even dimmer.

Is my almost new G20 dead?

Frank

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Yikes! It sounds like you need to talk to service right away. That doesn't sound right at all.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
It doesn't make sense that it would happen right when you changed the bulb.

Maybe you'll get lucky and tech support will have an answer over the phone.

Chris

·
Registered
404 Posts
My G20, post calibration, is putting out about 500 lumens according to William Phelps. He demonstrated a G15 that was putting out approximately twice the brightness of my G20. I will put in my 15th call to the JVC sales rep to see if she finally returns my call. The three months this unit was in for service, among other things, the lamp replaced due to some flickering problems. The unit continues flickering and is very dim. It sounds like your unit may have power supply problems.

With the employment climate as soft as it is, JVC techs should consider themselves fortunate to have the ongoing workload they do with these projectors, job security and all...venting and frustrated.

·
Registered
547 Posts
oh boy,

I have 300 hours on my g20 and am not looking forward to this dim light problem. hope mind is a good unit.

seng

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi guys,

When I purhchased my Dukane 9015 approx. 18 months ago,( which is more money than the JVC,BTW), Dukane offered a 5 year warranty, including a loaner for either the 1st 2 or 3 years if the unit is in for repair. The tech support has been excellent, in terms of getting a live tech the same day and research, if necessary, on a particular issue. Won't help the JVC purchaser, but others should check out the current warranty differences an weigh the risk/benefit in light (pun intended) of the above posts.

Dukane lso permitted Richard Martin and Mark Foster calibrations and mods without viloating the warranty.

Has anyone had JVC void the warranty because of any calibratin or software changes?

Thank you very much

Fury

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.