AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my HCMW Da-Lite Model B screen and here are some of my initial observations:

I ordered the model B roll up HCMW 52x92 ,4" drop at the top and a 2" black border around the sides and bottom. The screen of course is slightly gray as mentioned before by other AVS members. I found the blacks noticably better with my SE 13HD lcd projector. There are a few minor "waves " in the screen but they are really only noticable on very light sceens and only at the top.....NOT that big of a deal . The screen is rather noisy when rolling up due to its thicker material the screen is made of.

I feel that the picture is better than my Matte White I had before...but I wouldn't call it perfect. Just the nature of a roll up screen leads to some screen wrinkles and for the inexpensive price I paid...I feel its a keeper.

Just my thoughts.....................

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for input. I was looking for a Matte White B screen, same size as yours. I can't afford more expensive screen and was curious myself about wrinkles. I was wondering if you play your center channel through it? I will have to do this due to set up of room.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have my center channel speaker mounted above the screen. I have owned 3 Dalite model B screens of different sizes and materials, and the wrinkles have been small and a minimal factor while watching the movies. I had no option for a fixed screen so I have to live with the minor flaws of a roll down screen.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Gregg,

I sorry to say that if you are on a budget but have to play your center speaker through the screen, then you might be out of luck. I'm pretty sure all of the microperf screens are very expensive. If you want to check how sound is from a speaker coming from behind a normal screen you could get a yard of blackout material from Johann's (I think they're currently having a 50% off sale) for like $5 and hang it in front of your speaker.

--Darin

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gregg,

I have the model B matte white with CSR, perforated. Not sure how much it's selling elsewhere but I paid less than $400. I don't have my projector yet, waiting on Panny AE-300. The perforations are large and concern me a bit. The waves are there. I have two smaller ones on the left side and one large one on the right. I was on-line with Da-Lite and they recommended leaving the screen down as often as possible due to the small rollers. I don't think it will help but I will try.

Donnie

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was told my jensen audio that their screens have small holes for sound.. the cost was 179 for 45x80 screen. Kind of bummed to read about wrinkles. Wonder if they sell with bigger rollers.

Does anyone have on set up in apt.?? I'm begining to wonder if thr RPTV is better suited.. although i love them big screens..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, I find the Model B's case to be more eye appealing than the model C's.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.