AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After quite a bit of research throughout this forum (Thank God it exists!), I come up with a rough plan to upgrade my system to HD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Current Setup:

Dual LNB DTV elliptical dish at ground level with two signals run up the side of my two-story house into the attic (both drops on 2nd floor). One drop is my main HT area, the other is bedroom.

Proposed Setup:

Install new chimney mount OTA antenna. Upgrade dish with 3rd LNB kit. Run OTA signal down the side of the house, ground, and then into basement. Route four raw SAT signals from dish into basement. Combine signals with 5x4 active multiswitch. Find a way (or shoot myself) to run 3 MS outputs to HT area and 1 MS output to bedroom. Upgrade to Sony SAT-HD300 receiver. Add HD Tivo (or ReplayTV) when available (next year?).

Questions:

1. Will I need additional OTA amplification other than the multiswitch?

2. Will I need additional SAT amplification?

3. Do I need to ground each of the SAT signals from the dish before entering the basement?

4. Can I ground the multswitch to my main electrical panel or should I go to the outside ground rod?

5. Does the OTA antenna require grounding in addition to grounding block with F-Type connectors?

6. Is 3 drops enough in the HT area?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.