AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I get? I'm trying to look at a few options for the best I can get for $2500-$3000 right now. WAY more choices out there than I anticipated. LCD or plasma I don't have the time to go through them all right now. I'm thinking Sharp aquos or a panasonic plasma. Sorry to be lazy here, but the prices are dropping it seems like every couple weeks and new models are moving so fast that its hard to keep up!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino D'Voe /forum/post/0

What should I get? I'm trying to look at a few options for the best I can get for $2500-$3000 right now. WAY more choices out there than I anticipated. LCD or plasma I don't have the time to go through them all right now. I'm thinking Sharp aquos or a panasonic plasma. Sorry to be lazy here, but the prices are dropping it seems like every couple weeks and new models are moving so fast that its hard to keep up!

Take a breath and take your time - new Sharp's are on the horizon and bottom line evaluate your viewing environment/personal preferences and whether LCD or PDP matches it best. I've owned both and the Panasonic PDP had to go after a week since I have tall windows and southern exposure and the panel was washed out during the day and reflective 24/7 and the whites were dirty and yellowish comparatively with LCD Sharp. If you have a light controlled room then you may prefer plasma - I do not since I cannot tolerate reflections in my TV or the white levels after being used to viewing all LCD's. You have a ton of choices now - your fellow Canadians should be reviewing the new Sharps within the next few weeks and Samsungs and Sony are excellent also.

Your money your eyes - after evaluating those conditions choose whichever pleases you - there will always be a next gen model to chase.

Happy viewing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.