AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hey, I think I have a Lysdexic keyboard too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume at least 50 to 100 of you saw my HT when the nude figures were in it. Which way do you think it's better, the super heroes theme (a few things left to do yet) or the heroic nudes and women? Os

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like both but my dilema is with super heroes, some would think me immature, in a fantasy world. With nude male ( though there's females ) statuary and prints, they think me a PERV or even ****. I'd prefer to be seen as a kid / fanboy. I'm NOT getting rid of my art pieces at any rate. Os

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Os, I am sure you are looking for honest opinions...

quote from your site: "I kept thinking how all I need is ONE offended Baptist type or outright PRUDE, complaining to the Police or taking me to court plus they might bring a kid into the theater and as it's NOT the Vatican or some famed art museum, I don't really need that to happen."

Who are you trying to lure into your little fantasy world anyway?

Well, I wouldn't watch a movie in there if you paid me. It just creaps me out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pat, That was quite a mean spirited response at least by the reading. I can't say that I'm trying to LURE anyone in there. I dislike the implication. I can't help it if you don't like COOL. You must hate Classical art rooms even WITHOUT statues and paintings? Probably a modern art guy. Also you're apparently scared of mannequins and NOT a horror or super heroes fan. You say you don't want to visit my HT....well you WON'T be missed. Os

·
Registered
832 Posts
Do you have a lot of people visiting your theater? If not, just make it the way your want, and "to heck" with everyone else. Put a disclaimer on your web page and be done with it.

Don't let anyone else keep you from having the YOUR theater the way YOU want it.

Now, if you are asking for opinions, which you seem to be. I wouldn't (didn't) go with an over the top themed room, but I am a fan of classical (and modern) art, comic book superheroes (DC, Marvel and others), and horror movies (including phantasm).

I prefer to leave it to the movies to "creep me out". Art displays I leave for the rest of the house (inside and out).

All that aside, I am fascinated by your theater. Keep posting and doing your own thing!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eamerez, of course you're right and thanks for the compliments. I want my HT to entertain ME at least before the movie starts. Kal is it? NO smokers here anymore for many years and what smoking was done was outside. Although people will only see my HT via my page, I just never know if there will be visitors beyond the handfull I know. There's never really been a premier day yet if ever. Os

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The "luring" comment was meant to be a joke, just from the way you worded your website saying that people would take you to court for when they come by your place.

When you ask for people's opinions and then don't like their responses, then don't ask next time. I am not trying to be a complete a-hole, but just giving my honest opinion. That is the point of a public forum, not just for people to only respond if they like it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pat, someone recently told me that sometimes a thing READ can seem like a put down even if it was'nt. Your comment seemed like it was mean spirited but it was'nt. You never even hinted at WHY my HT creeped you out either so I assumed it was the mannequins and horror stuff in the lobby. I guess the things for someone to add in an HT to keep EVERYBODY away would be CLOWN/S, SNAKES ( even rubber ones ), MANNEQUINS, A VENTRILOQUST DUMMY and VICTORIAN DOLLS. They all creep people out it seems. Os

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Os,

The gorey Ticket Attendee in the cardboard box is a twisted touch! The Phantasm Sphere should get the attention of any ticket buyers! :eek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd have a TALL MAN in the lobby but I don't know if I want to bother making a lfesize one when I've masks of a number of more famous monsters to make a dummy with like Salem's Lot vampire, Lugosi Dracula, Chaney Wolf Man, etc. The Tall Man's head would have to be scratchbuilt. I've decided to have my three DAVIDS in the main room on the pedestals, leaving one for a Superman or another hero. If it's successful, my homemade 3 foot Fleisher Superman will be atop the big Apollo pedestal and will look great. I may paint it to look bronze or marble too. Apollo will be in the lobby.....somewhere. A nice, if unorthodox, combination of classical room, classical heroes and super heroes. The Sword Wall after the movie sword copies are mounted and the LOTR display will be COOL finishing touches. Os

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Art, the exclusive source for lifesize Gorts and Robby Robots is Fred Barton Productions in California. He does sell through certain high end stores but he is the manufacturer. A non animated, static Gort costs around $6,000.00 but for $10,000 you can get one with the working eye cover and eye. Now for a classic TV Lost In Space robot replica, you can actually buy licensed parts from a fan club after a membership fee of $28.00 with The B9 Robot Builders Club. I don't have an URL but they're likely listed. They have e mail chat, etc. For the minimum motorized bot ( brain things only movement ) and lights, it'll cost maybe $2500.00. Much of the LISbot / B9 can be scratchbuilt though at a savings over a lot of bought parts. Rest assured though, you'd have to buy about a third of the parts to make it easier. I don't know if the head bubbles are currently avaliable though. YES, I've had a robot in the works for two years. Os

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.