Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hipix Recordings Incomplete

Many of my scheduled recordings are incomplete. Sometimes I will get 80 minutes of a two hour movie. The point at which it terminates varies. I am not using standby mode. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hipix, using different v3 software versions (I haven't tried the "Final" version just posted).

The one item that might be the problem is that I have file compression activated. I am running Windows XP with NTFS format on a 100 gb drive. I have 30 gigabytes available when I start the recordings.

By the way, XP's compression of the recordings is amazing. I have a recording of Gladiator (made several months ago when things worked, since then I activated compression). The compression is almost 50%. I have attached file properties of a .ts file. Playback is fine.

Anyone else have problems with recordings and XP file compression? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
702 Posts
The lower the bitrate of the movie the better the compression since it's lossless. I used to have troubles like that, but have found with the more recent versions I haven't had any troubles (win2k)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.