AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today (how could anyone not) that my receiver is randomly switching to standby mode while I am using it. I'll turn it on, use it for maybe 10-15 minutes and then out of no where it will switch off (standby). I can just push the power button and it works again no problem... until 15 min later when it repeats.

This is the second time something has happened to my HK receiver, I'm so close to never buying from them again.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a DMM and just having my tv and receiver on w/o playing anything it reads 119V flat. What kind of tolerance do I have for that fluctuating?

my roommate has some fancy pc speakers and hes been complaining of them cutting out. They are on the otherside of the wall my tv stuff is... I bet my apt complex power is going to hell.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone ?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Unplug all your speakers and run your experiment again. Just leave the HK powered up for a day or so and see if it goes into standby. Report back, or tell us now if you've already done this.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unplugged all of my speakers and the same thing happens. And I overestimated how long it took before, it's only about 3-4 minutes

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It sounds like a bad receiver to me. If you still suspect the input voltage (AC plug), put a nightlight on that same plug and see if it flickers at all. Or take it to a friend's house and try it there (I know it's heavy, but you gotta try
).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, it just makes me mad because i was watching it at like 1:30 am on sunday night.......turn it on at 6pm Monday and get this problem.

frustrating.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to a friends house and same thing happened, no doubt about it - it's dead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.