AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HLM-507W sunburn problem is only on the Component inputs (all). Even with the hue setting all the way towards green there is still a problem. There is no such problem on the S-Video or composite inputs.

I did go into the SM and adjust the red gain down from 127 to 121 (Blue and Green were 120 & 121 respectively) and that helped, but it’s still not really right so I think I need to call Sound Advice to get them to send a tech out to do the job correctly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the S-Video output of the DVD player and it's fine. I'll check the DVD player out on another TV that has component input to see if it's the DVD player that's causing the problems. (Is this possible?) I don't have any other devices with component out.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Might be a good idea to return your SM settings to the originals before the tech arrives. You don't say which version of the HLM set you have. That makes a difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a problem with the Component video inputs on a progressive scan DVD source. It wasn't a sunburnt problem, but everything had a green tint that could not be adjusted with the user adjustments. The problem fixed itself when I ran the AUTOCOLOR function from the service menu under AD9883 (Component/480P). I asked on this forum several times if anyone knows what this funciton does, but it appears that no one knows. However, it fixed my problem so I'm happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.