AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm going to have an Elan system installed this week to control my audio but I have some home automation systems that I already had and like.  First is Phillips Hue; second is a Nest Thermostat.  I'm ok if they don't work together but if they do then so much the better.

So, is there a way that Elan, Hue, and Nest work together?

·
Registered
248 Posts
What Elan system are you having installed? Their HC system controllers, audio system controllers, or just their amps ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
At the moment those 3 will not play nice together. That is a Elan G! system controller so it can't be controlled by another home automation system (as far as I know.) The controller may one day be able to control Nest and Hue, but as far as I know only Control 4 can control Nest (though URC Total Control will have NEst control shortly, as will other companies) and Hue is controlled by Savant, Control 4, and OpenRemote (and I'm sure more will follow.) I'm not a fan of C4, but C4 could do what you want instead of the Elan HC4. Or just ask your Elan dealer if the systems is capable of controlling Nest and Hue and if it is possible, when will it be available? You may need to jump up to the next up controller. I personally work on URC Total Control systems and I could write a driver for whatever I wanted to control, but I'm not sure that's the way Elan works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts