AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Marantz SR 7009/Anthem MXR 720; GE Triton 3; GE Supercenter XXL; GE SuperSat 3; GE SuperSub XXL
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Homecinema enthusiasts!

After following the many threads dedicated to this passion of ours for quite some time now (and drooling my laptop keyboard while seeing such amazing setups), now it's my turn to present my own Home Cinema "sweet spot"! 馃榿

After a long period of time of decisions/indecisions, planning, questioning on forums, doing 3D sketches (Google SketchUp ripped apart years of life from me!! lol), doing hearings, travelling to watch different kinds of equipment working, problems with deliveries and a bunch of other (mis)adventures, I was finally able to carry out some of the ideas I had for my living room!

I'm so happy with the final outcome, that I've decided to share it with you!

First of all I'd like to thank all of your contributions spread all over the threads/topics!
They were precious to me and helped/inspired me (and my wife) to accomplish this task successfully! So, it's fair to say that my living room is also your living room!

Well, let's get down to what really matters!

.............................................................................................................................................

It all started like this: very simple, plain things, but always with the future in our minds (of course, my wife had a huge part in all of this!):

...........................................................................................................................................

Bu then, one day, things started to change!

The new furniture had arrived! Hooray! 馃槃

Perfectly aligned.........

Hmmm... Maybe not..................... LOL :eek:

Cables in and through the right places!

It was starting to look like the beginning of something good........

There goes the Pio!

What a relief!!

.............................................................................................................................................

And then came the "decor"!

The back of the system...

And the front!

Pan view!

And that's it! 馃槈

Hope you enjoy it as much as I (and my wife) do!
Feel free to comment and make suggestions! Both are most welcome!

List of equipment:
  • Panasonic 55VT60;
  • Pioneer VSX-923; Marantz SR7009; Anthem MRX 720
  • BX5+BX1+BXC; Golgen Ear Triton Three + Golden Ear SuperCentre XXL + Golden Ear SuperSat 3
  • SVS SB2000; Golden Ear SuperSub XXL
  • Mede8er 800X3D; Zappiti One SE 4K HDR;
  • PS4;
  • Vodafone Box/Smart Router;
  • Comando Harmony One (One remote to control them all!! eheh)

Kindest regards from Portugal!

P.S. Forgive me for some mistakes I might have made along the way... it was a long post and my English is far from being up to date!

Registered
Marantz SR 7009/Anthem MXR 720; GE Triton 3; GE Supercenter XXL; GE SuperSat 3; GE SuperSub XXL
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, last week was "repair week"... the LED's stopped working and I had to do a little change to the TV stand, regarding cable management...

Here are the photos!

Total CHAOS! :eek:

Final result:

The new LED system allows other colors (red, blue, violet, etc), to increase/decrease the intensity of the light and some light efects (fade/strobe/flash).
I mainly use the white color with low intensity to decrease eye fatigue.
The remaining options are just for showing off the system to the guests eheheh :D

Hope you enjoy it!

Registered
Very nice!! Do you have kids??? lol

Reactions: Edi-MC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! :D

ahah bingo! No kids... YET!
As it's going to happen in a near future (hopefully! lol), let's just say that I'm trying to enjoy the most I can before I can say: Everything's "Gone like the wind"! eheh

Registered
Love your system. and your home! I couldn't help but notice that your home looks like it jump out of the 60's TV show the "Jetsons". What part of the country, or world do you reside? I'm thinking Sweden

Registered
Sweet clean setup. Nicely done. Love the Chaos shots also. Enjoy it.;)

Reactions: Edi-MC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Update: Marantz SR7009 in the house!
As soon as I have everything in place, I'll update some of the photos.

Isn't it a beauty?? :D

Premium Member

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hi guys!
After 4 years with no change in the setup, got these in today :D

Centre speaker is coming soon (hopefully!) :)

Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You're absolutely right, it isn't...
I sure would love a dedicated room to have all of the gear, but a man has to make the best of a bad job, right? :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts