AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm relatively new here to the forums, but I have been lurking around for quite some time! I began construction on my basement and home theater in November of '07 and completed, for the most part, November of '08. My design is sort of a "watered-down" theater since it's open to the rest of the basement. However, I wanted this design so you could view the fireplace from the theater room and so people near the bar could see the screen as well. I'm a bit short on time here so I'll just post the pics and add some more info. later.

The components are as follows:

Projector: Mitsubishi HC-5500

Receiver: Denon AVR-988

Blu-Ray: Denon DVD-2500BTCI

Speakers: All Polk Audio with a Klipsch subwoofer

Brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the rest of the pics I have at the moment!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I thought the pics would just show up without you having to click on them. Is there an option for that? Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think you have to put the photos up on someplace like photo bucket.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
A very classy and well done space.

Looks to be very good workmanship.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Really nice! Did you do all of this DIY?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprez25 /forum/post/15588196

Really nice! Did you do all of this DIY?

Yes, this was my first large project. I've done some other little stuff around the house, but nothing to this magnitude. Like I said in my initial post, it took me about a year to complete. There are still a few small things I need to finish such as trim work, etc. I've been swapping out some components too, but I think I'm nearly finished...for the time being.

I'm an elementary teacher, so I had most of the summer off to put long days into this project. I'm happy I did it though and wouldn't change much now that it's nearly complete!

Brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Very nice space. I really like your color choices. Nice work.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very Nice! Great colors. Think the wood floors look awesome. I've really become a fan of dark wood floors. Wish we had installed more wood when we built our house.

I also like how you handled - what I assume were various ceiling obstructions. The crown/trim makes it look like you've installed a tray ceiling.

The rest of it I hate ;-)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Damn. Nice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfdjr1 /forum/post/15591346

To put in bluntly, thats freaking beautiful, what screen are you using?? I personally love the open floor plan.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I am actually an art teacher at the elementary school in which I teach, so I do have experience with color/design classes which helped out.

The screen I am using is from Elite Screens. It was their cheapest line and ran me about $250 or so from an on-line source. I am no expert in home theater by any means, but I think it has a beautiful picture. I shine the Mitsubishi HC-5500 projector on it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Very very nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What type of floor? Brand/color/price?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by koach /forum/post/15592825

What type of floor? Brand/color/price?

It is a laminate flooring I purchased from Ifloor who is no longer in business...

It's a floating floor and each plank is about 5" wide and 4' long. The cost was $2.29/sq. ft. It was pretty easy to put down and came with a 50 year warranty, however who knows how long companies will stay in business these days. The brand West Hollow if memory serves me correctly. The color is Wedge Wood.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Just for grins and giggles could you give us your room dimensions, or at least to your theater and the "game room"? Thanks.

I like your twin sofa seating option very versatile.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
419 Posts
Very nice, mellow space. I think you did a nice job.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts