AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I should get my act together and set up a photo album, so that I too, can share my hours of hard labor to all the HT veterans on this board.

Feel free to throw out comments, ideas, or just a good ol' "at-a-boy"! :)

Drywalling today...

photos.yahoo.com/scotttayl9

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
So far, so good! Looks like you have a nice frame built. Keep up the good work and good luck with drywalling!

·
Registered
187 Posts
So is it me, or can only guys named SCOTT join in on this discussion! . Great looking start! Looks like it's going to be pretty cool!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply's. I feel like I am officially a part of the HT fraternity as a freshmen of course. :)

The Drywall, went up today and it makes the room look much more distinguished. I wish I could take credit for installing it, but can't. I contracted it out and am really glad I did. This crew did a great job of hiding all my mistakes! :) I'll send some pictures out shortly.

Scott Jensen - the dimensions are 15W X 29L, and the ceiling ranges between 7' and 9'. The soffit and the platform contribute to the variance in ceiling height.

SVonHof - I lived in California for 24 years(Bay Area), and as a kid went to the Manteca waterslides annually. Great place to live without a basement I'd say.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Fellow Scotts: What are we going to do about this Rondo1 character who posted in our thread? We shouldn't let him get away with this "Scott-Free" (sorry, couldn't resist!).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I know, I know...really bad...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tell him to Scoot. (mom's nickname for me as a child growing up) Years of counseling later and I can wipe the drool off my own chin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all,

It's been quite some time since my last post, so I decided I owe all the Scott's of this thread and AVS members alike, some updated pictures of my home theater.

HomeTheater

Next week is a big week as the carpet, chairs and equipment all arrive. I am quite excited, yet exhausted from the hours I've put into this over the last 5 months.

Anyways, as always, I truely appreciate the people, discussions, and knowledge base this forum has to offer.

I will send updated photos after next weeks events.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like it - especially the celing. It looks like it adds some nice depth to it. Neat ida of the screan wall and stage. Mind If I borow that idea?;)

Jared (Scott wanabee) R.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Scott,

Looking good! It looks like it'll be a spectacular HT when it's completed. All Scotts (both real and imagined) on AVSForum are proud of you!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I hope Scott Vonhof chimes in here soon...we need to keep the Scott Ratio high on this thread. :)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Hey, for some reason, I didn't get my little reminder that this thread was active today. What is up with that?!

Well, I am here, and have checked out the progress. I gotta say, I am proud of the former Bay Area resident. I think we would actually allow him back, but he has to bring the theater!

I think it will all be worth it, heck, I know it will be! Don't worry about all the time and effort, when you are done, you will be glad you did it all.

Now, equipment? What equipment is actually showing up at your house? We all know what we have, we want to know what you are going to have in another few days or so.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I agree with Scott (Vonhof) - do tell us about your equipment plans. Also, all of the Scott's want to know if you're going to have a special "Scott Night" Grand Opening at your HT? :)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
One more thing, Scott, where might you be located? Nothing in your little thingie to the left, under your name. Gotta know where to plan on being when your grand opening is happening.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Quote:
Gotta know where to plan on being when your grand opening is happening.
Please let it be San Diego, please let it be San Diego (been needing an excuse to get back to Paradise...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! Great enthusiasm in this group. I'll just have to find a way to keep this thread alive!

I will combine several responses into this reply and then throw out the equipment list.

JRace - take the idea as well as the credit for the design. And, if someone says my theater ceiling looks like yours, just tell em I copied you! :)

Scott-C - I would welcome any forum members, especially those with the first name Scott! If you are ever in the Northern Virginia area, (Fairfax) send me an email.

SVonhof - as far as letting me back into the state of California, thanks, I wish I could come back, but my wife brings home half the bacon -- which is paying for this HT. So, if it's a choice between Calif and the HT..... hmm, I think I'll stick with the HT. However, I figured us Scott's can get more coverage, and maybe even some press time, if you operate from the West Coast and I cover the Eastern Atlantic region. :D

Here is my equipment list. Hope you all like my choices.

Hardware:

B&K Ref 30 Processor

B&K 7270 7 channel Amp

Sharp Z9000U DLP Projector

Stewart Firehawk 110" screen

Marantz DV6200 DVD Player(from upstairs)

Sony SAT-HD100 HDTV/DirectTV(from upstairs)

Panamax 5500 Power Conditioner

Mid Atlantic Slim 5 equipment Rack

Speakers:

(3) Triad In Room Silver Monitors(LCR)

(2) Triad In Wall Silver Surrounds - rear and side surround

(2) Triad In Wall Bronze 10 powersubwoofers with rack mountable 250W amp

Seating:

Berkline Cinema Group 099 - 2 rows of 3 seats

Thanks again to all the Scott's and forum members for your comments and enthusiasm. It's a nice pick-me-up after a long day in the basement.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.