Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few more thing to do.

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Take screen shot pictures with the lights dimmed way down, a tripod, no flash, and a very long exposure.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Isn't your center is tad undersized compared to the mains? How is that working out?

Nice room!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You !! The Vandersteen VCC-1 was originally designed to blend in nicely with the Vandersteen line of speakers. The physical size of the center speaker looks very undersize but the sound blends in nicely with 2CE signature. My future plan is to update the center channel with the VCC-5.

http://www.vandersteen.com/vcc5_specifications.pdf

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte /forum/post/19523595

Take screen shot pictures with the lights dimmed way down, a tripod, no flash, and a very long exposure.

I will be taking some screen shots after I update the screen material on my 4-Way Stewart Masking System. I just ordered the StudioTek 130 G replacing the Stewart Grayhawk screen material.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD MAN /forum/post/19523431

A few more thing to do.

Any sugestions?

Two things:

1. From the photos you obviously realise the value of having the room as dark as possible for a better presentation of the image. Now I suggest you finish it off: Cover those bright tops of your L/R/C speakers with black velvet. Right now they are distracting and I know they are visible with the lights off watching a movie. Even if you think you aren't distracted by those bits of bright wood your brain IS seeing them. Try covering them up at least as an experiment. Once you remove those last bits of visible distraction around the image, the image will truly be floating against black and it will feel even more cinematic and professional.

2. Change your AVS name.
It's a little late in the day to be naming yourself after the old format. Seems a bit underachieving. Especially if you have a projection set up Blu-Ray should be the order of the day. (How 'bout "Blu-Man?"). I kid...but still....

ETA: Is that a 4-way masking system in your photos? If so it would be nice to see a few photos of it in action - different ARs or whatever.

Also, why did you go 4 way masking out of curiosity? And which masking system do you have? For instance, when viewing older 4:3 material, does your side masking come in from the sides, or does it drop down from the top?

I had looked at Stewart 4-way masking and it was exceedingly pricey. I came up with my own remote controlled 4 way masking solution for a much lower price and have been happy. I'm sure the Stewart version is excellent.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1-I understand how important it is to take away any distraction in the room.

I was actually already considering making some kind of covers for the wood tops.

I am trying to make a cover without any negative reaction to the sound. I am also panting the resist lighting very soon.

2-Blu Man was Taken

3-Yes the screen is a 4-Way Masking Stewart Screen.

The original screen material was the Grayhawk.

I just ordered the StudioTek 1.3 G. This new screen should increase the brightness as I am only getting about 8-9 FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness /forum/post/19527646

Looks good!

Two things:

1. From the photos you obviously realise the value of having the room as dark as possible for a better presentation of the image. Now I suggest you finish it off: Cover those bright tops of your L/R/C speakers with black velvet. Right now they are distracting and I know they are visible with the lights off watching a movie. Even if you think you aren't distracted by those bits of bright wood your brain IS seeing them. Try covering them up at least as an experiment. Once you remove those last bits of visible distraction around the image, the image will truly be floating against black and it will feel even more cinematic and professional.

2. Change your AVS name.
It's a little late in the day to be naming yourself after the old format. Seems a bit underachieving. Especially if you have a projection set up Blu-Ray should be the order of the day. (How 'bout "Blu-Man?"). I kid...but still....

ETA: Is that a 4-way masking system in your photos? If so it would be nice to see a few photos of it in action - different ARs or whatever.

Also, why did you go 4 way masking out of curiosity? And which masking system do you have? For instance, when viewing older 4:3 material, does your side masking come in from the sides, or does it drop down from the top?

I had looked at Stewart 4-way masking and it was exceedingly pricey. I came up with my own remote controlled 4 way masking solution for a much lower price and have been happy. I'm sure the Stewart version is excellent.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
masking of screen

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Masking of screen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts