Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have always wanted a home theater system, I finally moved and happened to find AVS Forum at about the same time.. thats all I could stand, I no longer had an excuse! So, using some peices I have had since 1997 I am slowly building up my system. I wish I had a better HTPC but I need the good PC for my office.. if I moved my office to my HT I would NEVER get any work done! haha The members of this forum have been EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks everyone!

Here's the setup ( http://geocities.com/bmw_1999_m3_2 ):

Samsung HLN507W - 50" HDTV 16:9 Television, DLP technology.

Samsung HD931 - DVD player, using DVI, and optical audio outputs.

Zenith HD-SAT520 - HDTV Satellite Receiver, via Direct TV. Local HDTV channels via 10' OTA antenna. Using component and optical audio outputs.

RCA SVHS - VCR, using S-Video and composite audio outputs.

Dell Dimension XPS H266 PC - old computer (400MHz) with Win XP Pro for browsing web, playing digital video and music on HT sound system. Connected to home network and cable modem to access music/files/internet. Using VGA port set to 1280x720 (max TV resolution) and composite audio outputs.

Pioneer Elite VSX-41 - Audio/Video Receiver.

Sound Dynamics 300Ti series - Left, Center, Right main speakers.

Bose 301 - Direct and Reflecting tweeters, Left and Right surround speakers.

Velodyne VA-1012XII - Subwoofer.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Sound Dynamics, cool. Not a lot of people know about those...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the Sound Dynamics, I have to credit some friends I used to have that were really into sound systems, if it wasn't for them I would have totally missed out. The 300Ti's and the DLP TV really 'make' the system. Now I wish I would have gotten some 300Ti series surround speakers... (if they ever made them?).. and an extra set for downstairs. Ugh, hind sight is always 20/20.... Without them my HT setup just would not compare.. esp for the price!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.