AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to watch "behind En Lines" On HBOHD and load up my lovely ht1000 when I notice that the picture wasn't coming up. I started to go closer to the projector itself and suddenly noticed there was a red blinking light next tot he status LED readout. Strange, never seen this before. With no picture I couldn't even access the menu to see what could be wrong, and even trying to shut down the unit by the normal means of cooling down the system wouldn't work, I had to actually use the on/off switch override. After I did this, I then rebooted the projector as normal and picture loaded fine and everything seemed back to normal. Anyone else experience something similar? I'm guessing the projector had some sort of rare mis-function and couldn't load something properly..

To be honest I really never paid much attention but the LED readout next to the LAMP is also fully on when the projector is running, and I'm 99% sure this is normal?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have had similar experiences with its older brother the LT150. Only happened a few times; no idea of the cause but it always came back on fine after unplugging. You might want to give Nectech a call. They seem to keep track of such issues fairly well.

Good luck

Peter

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It's happened with me maybe seven-eight times. The manual says it's just a lamp misfire and says to wait and restart it. I just let it rest for a while before I try again. It always works the second time. It's only happened once in the last two months (ever since I moved into my new apartment) but it happened more often in my old place. I dunno if it's because of bad electrical wiring or power quality or something.

I'm using a 700VA APC SmartUPS, BTW.

·
Registered
29,403 Posts
FYI, when the LED light is blinking, the pattern of the blinks will indicate what kind of problem the projector is having. There is more info on this in the user's manual.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've had this only once and it was caused by a mere blink of an eye power outage. More startling than the PJ bulb turning off was the wham from the subwoofer. I let the PJ cool right off, turned off the power switch and then turned it all back on to watch the movie. Can't let a little thing like a power outage stop the unfolding of The Two Towers! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.