AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get my Logitech Harmony 900 to wake up my HTPC from sleep via my HP IR. I still haven't got that to work but I notice when I use the power button or the big green button on my remote that it turns my Xbox 360 on. I have no idea why but is there a way to make it stop?

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
Xbox 360 can be used as a Media Center Extender and recognise the same Media Center remote codes. There is a setting in the Xbox 360 that you can change the remote preference to Xbox 360 only. Not sure if this will prevent your WMC remote code get recognised.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121  /t/1421620/my-htpc-media-remote-is-turning-on-my-xbox-360#post_22245754

Xbox 360 can be used as a Media Center Extender and recognise the same Media Center remote codes. There is a setting in the Xbox 360 that you can change the remote preference to Xbox 360 only. Not sure if this will prevent your WMC remote code get recognised.

Yes if you make this change on the XBOX 360 it should prevent the XBOX from responding to WMC or WMC Extender remote control commands.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It will, and is the only way.

And on the other side of that equation...I'm surprised the logitech software doesnt have a 360 extender mode profile built into it. You can set the remote and console using MCE remote to control the 360 extender functions, but you cant power off the 360 with it....you can use the straight up 360 remote profile, but then you have to manually navigate over and execute the extender app each time.....which one way or the other leaves you editing keys for custom commands to be able to both start up the 360 straight into extender modes AND power it off within the same one 'device' on the remote. Either way you do it, gotta separate the power commands and make sure power on = green button and power off = power off for 360. Always found that pretty annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts