AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was pretty impressed. lots more support for various audio (dd,dts,prologicII,etc.) although it seemed to crash with the latest winXP radeon drivers version 6.13.3281 so i removed the driver and used the default microsoft radeon driver, it ran smoothly. haven't had time to play with it like i want to. for those of you who are lucky enough to get a copy, tell me what you think of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

I have tested and played around with it under WIN98se and I really start loving it ´cause apart from playing DVD I am also able to play Divx, AVI etc. To me the picture quality is fine and compared to WinDVD bit better IMO ´cause there is no staircase effect on diagonal line :)))) which can be really a pain on a big screen.

So long, Torsten

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
They are selling it boxed in the Far East only. It's not to the West yet. Some downloaded the leaked beta or hacked version of PowerDVD XP (build 1015). If you really search hard you will find an illegal copy. BBQ posted this trial version download: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=91011

·
Registered
822 Posts
PowerDVD's media player though has a problem in that it fills the screen with the image so a widescreen media file becomes a fullscreen 4:3 image!.

Maybe they will fix that problem hopefully.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrwood
PowerDVD's media player though has a problem in that it fills the screen with the image so a widescreen media file becomes a fullscreen 4:3 image!.

Maybe they will fix that problem hopefully.
Hi,

I realised that too but YXY was of great help :))))) You should try it out.....

Have fun, Torsten

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.