AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you read, I am the picture of indecisiveness.

I have the Onkyo SR500 in front of me , and the SR600 on the way. I was sure that the onkyo would suffice until I read reviews from audioreview.com. Now, although I know that watts aren't everthing, the Onkyo does dip quite low in surround mode, dipping into the 30s for watts/ch. For the moment, I will only be usig stero mode as I only have two speakers, but Obviously, this will come into play as the rest of the set is aquired.

So after being satisfied with the purchase, I had the 'unfortunate luck' of hearing people babble about the Denon 1803/883.:( From what I have heard, their recievers are rock-solid, and of as much quality as I will get in the price range.

Now here comes the obvious question.

Althougth haven't heard them, and don't have the time to go through ANOTHER mess of returns, which would you judge to be better?

I have read through the forums, and people have lightly compared them, but now I want a meaty discussion; something I haven't yet found on the web.

For example, how much of a 'hit' do the amps take in surround mode. Obviously I might not get the full 80watts, but what then do I get?

I thank you all for your help in the past, as I have no place with as many amp-heads as I have found here

:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.