AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run my trucking and oil company out of the house. My insurance guy stopped by to drop off my new policies and certificates. We got to talking about the big game this weekend and he asked me what I had planned for Sunday. I said, walk this way my son. The kid's were watching scaled up standard def sat. He looked at it and said "WOW". I then told him that the game would be in HD and changed the channel to DiscoveryHD. He never said another word for about four minutes. Durring that time, I don't think he took a breath or blinked. Soon his oxygen starved body forced him to take a breath and he mumbled something. I'm still not sure what that was. I told him I had a few extra projectors kicking around and asked him if he had the room for one. He mumbled something again and then he said "no,........................but I could build one".:D I think we've just added one to the ranks of the CRT junkies;)

Chip

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hahahahahaha....... Hooked!

Marc

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
A friend came over a while back, and after watching the entire first half of a football game tells my wife, "My god, that plasma tv is amazing".

Gently explained to her that the thing above her head wasn't a disco light;)

And the gals wonder why we horde the remote.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Chip, if the insurance guy keels over from lack of oxygen, does the premium go up or down?

Curt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rombach
A friend came over a while back, and after watching the entire first half of a football game tells my wife, "My god, that plasma tv is amazing".

Gently explained to her that the thing above her head wasn't a disco light;)

And the gals wonder why we horde the remote.

lol, hello guys, a lot of people think the 3 eyes are disco lights, but once you switch on the machine, u have no words to explain how it is ! awesome is one of the best reaction i did hear about my friends !

bye bye crt powers !!!!!

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Premiums, yuck. Zero claims and about $2,100.00 per truck increase. With that said, I'm still better off than I was 2 years ago with my old carrier.

Chip

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
To think that my Den/Theater room is not really finished, but I have plenty of dents in the hardwood floor from the chins of those that never saw CRT projection before. :D

Makes it all feel worth the effort.

Marc

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
To think that my Den/Theater room is not really finished, but I have plenty of dents in the hardwood floor from the chins of those that never saw CRT projection before. :D

Makes it all feel worth the effort.

Marc
And don't you really hate mopping up the drool?:eek:

Chip

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Ohhhhhh....... that's DROOL....... Whew, what a relief!

Marc

·
Registered
16,915 Posts
LOL !!!

-- It is amazing that even an entry level CRT [ like a 1031Q ] can have that effect on people .

:)

____ Jason

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yes, Jason, It IS amazing. Proving that newer is not always better.

Marc

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I just always find it amazing that people never look up - I've had people think it was plasma, LCD, Terrannovision, magic - but not *one* person looked above their head. I have been thinking about sticking an old pioneer or sony badge on the bottom of the screens framing to really confuse them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.