AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people have had no problems with their JVC recorder.

I for one have had no problems. I usually record one 1-hour show per night. Granted I have only had it for about 3 weeks at this writing.

Maybe my time will come, but for those considering buying one, I just wanted to post some positive news.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
jkassay,

I'm glad you are getting good results. Since HDDVD is perhaps a way off and it might not ever be as good in PQ as the DVHS I hope this format works out. The PQ of the DTheater stuff is better than any of my local commercial theaters . Before I could say that with DVD with one exception and that was apparent resolution but now I have that too!:)

There was a poll done with about 100 owners and positive results ran about 80% .

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=190317

Art

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've had no problems w/ my 30k as well, although it has only been used on average about 2-3 hours per week, for the past 5 months. I currently only use it to "show-off" my HD set using HD-NET tapes and D-THEATER titles.

I have *never* recorded using this DVHS Recorder (mainly due to no readily available and compatible HD-capable source). I was just about to splurge on the T-165 when I decided to take a look at the forum for one last hint of negativity, and, well, let's say I found it.

My two choices now are to buy the T-165 and hope for the best (#1 that it works, #2 that the many recordings won't eventually damage or render my player useless). Or, to buy something like the My-HD card (or other Hi-Def PC Video Card) and rig up my PC to record, then transfer "good" stuff to tape using the XP operating system. I'm primarily only interested in recording big-events (like the U.S. Open) and creating a nice demo-tape of different material, so maybe the PC card is the better way to go... Oh and one other thing, I do not need the T-165 for OTA tuning, my TV has a built in OTA tuner, so the T-165's sole existence for me would be to feed the JVC30K. Any thoughts?

-T

·
Registered
796 Posts
I use the T165 almost exclusively to tape OTA with my Mitsubishi VCR. I already owned the Toshiba DST-3000 tuner, and still use that for DirecTV. Fortunately my TV has two sets of component inputs and I can connect a STB to each one. I think other people are using similar configurations because 1394 is not available with an integrated DirecTV receiver, unless you purchase the 169time modified DTC-100.

The only problem I am having is finding a single remote to handle all my components. That is mostly due to limitations in the T165 remote and has been discussed in the HDTV hardware section.

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
So far, so good(fingers crossed) for me too with my 30K+T165 combo. Recording on Fuji SVHS tapes and all... no problems. It isn't as easy as simply using a SD VHS but it works for me. I do have to leave both units on for timed recordings though...?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine works perfectly too. I record using TDK and Maxell S-VHS tapes and they're fine.

All my D-theater tapes playback perfectly except one which I exchanged and the new tape played back fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using the JVC to record exclusively OTA from the T165. The only minor glitch is that I have to turn both units off before a scheduled Time record session begins. If I don't, I get a message that I have a "reservation", but I can't seem to figure out what to do next. If I shut the units off at that time, it misses the recording.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all, Is it possible that the earlier models have had problems and the newer units may be slightly different?...PROWLER...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.