AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here, so bare with me

Okay, i have had this Kenwood KR-A3080 for a long time and did't use it. I then got an iPhone for some time ago and started thinking about making a iPod/iPhone speaker dock. I got this JAMO center speaker and thought it would be perfect for the project. But one problem stroke me fast. How do i get the motherboard into the speaker box. The only way i could think of, was to the board in half and rewiere the two pieces together.

It was a brilliant idea in my head but it turned out to be a bit hard. I got it to turn on, the display. But no sound. But today it won't. It's just turns on for a sec and shuts off and the standby LED blinks.

I'm really confussed and would like the know if any of you know where the importend wirering is on the board and if any one just have an idea what to do now.

Here is a picture before, when it was in it's case, and were i cut it (the red line)

-Oliver

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I know how to do it, but it involves a claw hammer, a smoked turkey leg (must be from a male Tom, not a hen), and a short wavelength high powered laser.

Gather em up and let me know when you're ready for the detailed instructions

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protdk  /t/1469799/my-kenwood-kr-a3080-broke#post_23241872

Okay so i can see that you guys don't take this seriously..... that's fine, but i'm not f******* joking!

OK, OK...since I made the original snide comment, I"ll make a serious comment....just in case. This is a friendly forum after all.

The board you cut is called a Printed Circuit Board (PCB). It has multiple thin layers, and traces (like very thin wires) going up and down and side to side between the layers all over the place to connect all the components. You can't simply connect the two pieces with wires again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts