AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to choose between these to setup for home theater and music 50/50 setup.

1, sbs 01 front and rear surrounds and scs 01 center and pc12

2, sts front towers and scs 01 center and sbs 01 surrounds i will get the sub at a later date and will the towers provide good bass in the mean time

know my room is 16x20 i have a samsung 52a650 tv, ps3, xbox 360, nintendo wii

hd cable box toshiba 420 dvr my receiver is a Denon 2309

·
Registered
896 Posts
Go with the STS and purchase the sub later on down the road. This way, you'll never have that "what if" feeling. The STS have a good tight bass response and should keep you happy until that sub comes along.

·
Banned
3,453 Posts
Those towers will not suffice for bass response in a HT, sorry! You would be alright for music, but true HT LFE calls for a good sub. My advice is to get three SCS-01s for the front stage, two SBS-01s for surrounds, and the sub. That will sound great for music and HT, and you'll never miss the towers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the sub is definitely a main component, i was definitely hoping to avoid speaker stands. if the movies aren't going to be as enjoyable without the sub then i might need to wait on the sts towers and add it later for a 7.1 setup

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
why not get 3 scs-01 for now and a pc12 and then get the STS later on and move the the SCS to the back and then get the STS when you have the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.