AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Olevia 237v that has a problem. I think it is the tuner because the start up screen is fine and when there is no input you don't see any distortion as well. The movement you see in the video when it's on no input is just the recording, I used my phone to make the vid. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My friend pointed out that in your cash cab clip the "score board" is not affected. It comes in fine and there is no issue with the color. That looks like crap I have seen on a plasma when it gets tossed about.

My friend said that he doesn't think it is the tuner, otherwise the whole picture would be screwed. And there should be no problems with the 360, the tuner would not be involved with the picture in that case.

I think your problems span a bit farther than your tuner bro, hate to tell ya. I would get a few more opinions before you dive into it. But, we are both in the TV business and both of us agree that it SHOULDN'T be the tuner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethnwoodman /forum/post/15504037

My friend pointed out that in your cash cab clip the "score board" is not affected. It comes in fine and there is no issue with the color. That looks like crap I have seen on a plasma when it gets tossed about.

My friend said that he doesn't think it is the tuner, otherwise the whole picture would be screwed. And there should be no problems with the 360, the tuner would not be involved with the picture in that case.

I think your problems span a bit farther than your tuner bro, hate to tell ya. I would get a few more opinions before you dive into it. But, we are both in the TV business and both of us agree that it SHOULDN'T be the tuner.

Thanks for the info. I should clarify, when I wrote tuner I was refering to the whole unit that is responsible for all connections. I think some refer to it as the main board.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OH OK. Yeah man, that could very well be it. But, on an Olevia that may be hard to find nowadays. If I am not mistaken they declared bankruptcy a while back. The last time I saw one was 9 months ago when I FIRST started working.

But, I wish you all the best mate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I figured I had nothing to lose so I heated the unit up xbox 360 style, turned it off then on and bam, perfect! Assuming it stays working I guess Christmas came late for me.... I only paid 30 bones!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts