AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to write th is since I got alot of help on this forum the last couple of days.. the least i can do..

First off, Thanks to everyone that took the time to help me with all my newbie HDTV questions...

Secondly, I finally got my HD DVR receiver from RCN on Saturday and the only thing I can say about the HD is WOW!!! Awesome pic and audio. Using HDMI and the picture is truly amazing. Watching the Colts/Patriots game as I am typing this... Only way to watch football HDTV!!!

I got the motorola 6416 III dvr from the cable company and I am very very impressed with the features on it compared to my tivo boxes. All the features that I use with my tivo I have with the Cable DVR. I have it hooked up right now that allows me to record up to 4 shows at one time on the HDTV. The one feature that completely blows away the tivo is the ability to go into the settings, my playlists etc, without losing the ability to still watch the show too. The two features that TIVO has that I do not see in the cable DVR is the accidental delete folder tha tivo does and that I can move shows between 2 tivos via wireless...

Again, the TV is amazing. The HD is fantastic... the cable DVR was an added bonus. Did not expect to like the DVR as much as Tivo but so far I am...

So, if anyone is looking for a 32" LCD for HDTV viewing, the LG 32lc2du is a very good buy!!

Scott

·
Registered
304 Posts
I own the LG 37LC2D and the PQ on this set is the best I've seen, even when compared to the higher end Sharp, Samsung and Mitsubishi models. I agree, HD looks amazing on the LG's. I've done alot of LCD shopping over the past month and I think I'm finally settled on one that I like. The only thing this set lacks is a backlight adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.