AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my planus for 3 years now and it's starting to be un-cooperative.

It won't let me select inputs frequently and won't respond to remote commands. Been a great TV until now.

I have a service plan through my local dealer which allows me to trade it in for a TV of equal value if it's not fixable.

If I decide to trade it in, I don't know what's comparable to this TV in terms of picture quality. So far this one had the best non-HD picture I've seen but I'm sure there's something else out there.

I'd probably want to go to a 100Hz FRF and progressive 1080p with component in. The Planus I have is 60Hz and progressive 480 p or i (dunno which - prolly i) but was told that even though it has component in, it will only display a progressive image through the vga input :confused: .

Anyway, the MSRP on this TV new was $5800 in the fall of '98 when it was released and I bought in '01 new for $2000. The dealer told me on trade they would give me something "comparable" in another brand. They don't carry Loewe any longer.

Any suggestions? Thanks

BTW - I know the "i" after the lines of resolution number means "interlaced"- what's the "p" mean and should that be of concern to me?

:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.