AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my vizio matte LED screen is still too glossy! Not as bad as glossy displays but I can see the light when watching tv. When TV is off it's like looking at a dark mirror. My old LCD tv doesn't reflect even at direct sunlight, why don't they make matte display like they used to? I wouldn't mind sacrificing bit of quality for less glare!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You already did sacrifice quality....you bought a Vizio.:) I think the only one making matte screens anymore is Sharp. What difference does it make when it's off?

I'm the opposite I'll take quality and deal with a glossy screen.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Last matte screens were produced by Sharp in 2010ish.

Last matte screen by Samsung in 2007. 4061F 4661F All manufaturers abandoned it around the same time with Sharp holding out a couple of more years on lower end models.

·
Registered
484 Posts
my vizio matte LED screen is still too glossy! Not as bad as glossy displays but I can see the light when watching tv. When TV is off it's like looking at a dark mirror. My old LCD tv doesn't reflect even at direct sunlight, why don't they make matte display like they used to? I wouldn't mind sacrificing bit of quality for less glare!
As prior poster mentored, the solution is to remedy the cause of the reflections. Order some blackout blinds, wood blinds, blackout curtains, etc. I went with wood blinds for my basement entertainment room and those worked well. Not too expensive either, maybe $80 a piece. Blackout curtains are the cheapest solution, but they were all too long for my basement windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts