AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to create an easy system to stream music in my living room. It is not a seamless experience and could be a lot better considering the components I have to work with. I was hoping I could get some input from everyone here.

I have a Denon AVR 1913. It has access to spotify, but the application is so bulky compared to my mobile phone app I prefer not to use it.

Also have a PS4. Very limited on Apps, so I can only use the Playstation Music Network. This seems great, but I would have to lose my spotify account and switch to playstation. Not sure if I want to do that.

I like to access youtube videos on the fly, and stream music on the fly while being able to switch songs easily.

Movies are easy since I can access those easily from the PS4.

When we have friends over drinking we all hang out in the living room where this is, and it just becomes a "process" to get music flowing or change up the song.

Any tips to stream line this process and make life easier much appreciated!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend getting an Apple TV if you're in the apple ecosystem. You can easily stream music from your iTunes, cloud and Spotify. Accessing YouTube is a breeze and you can even mirror your iPad or Mac computer which is pretty cool if you have any pictures or video you'd like to project on your tv. You also have access to all kinds of apps. You can get a refurb unit on apple.com for around $75. Well worth the price to alleviate the hassle you described.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts